– Shirley Mason, executive director of the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation, has formally announced the “Naturist Unity Summit” that her and her team are organizing for February 2015. They created an acronym name, “U.N.I.T.E.” – United Naturist / Nudist International Trade / Traveling Educational Events. The summit is meant to bring together leaders from various nudist organizations and companies for them to work together within the naturist movement.
This is a one-day event occurring at Haulover Beach Park and a nearby hotel on Wednesday, February 15th. The registration fee is $60, and attendance is limited at 100 people.
Sign their petition to help make Sandy Bay an official nude beach!
– Looking at the body that gave birth to you seems to be incredibly challenging for some people. Body shaming and body phobia run wild in this girl’s story of accompanying her mom and siblings to a bare resort in France.
Her husband and children stayed home because “No lad should have to see his grandma naked.” What’s wrong with Grandma? Is she some sort of deformed freak? Omg, are we going to look like that someday?
– How would you react if someone said to you, “If I had your body I’d kill myself”? Body image / fat activist and documentary film producer Lindsey Averill is a furious and forgiving woman.
She is working on a documentary called Fattitude that “exposes how popular culture cultivates weight bias and fat hate, and then offers an alternate way of thinking – embracing body approval at all sizes.” She recently wrote about the kind of awful things people say to her because she is fat and shares her view on fat shaming. [xojane]
– Artist Aleah Chapin does some amazing, realistic nude paintings. Here’s a brand new interview with her from The Sort Artist. Seemingly her work was called “repellent,” and she responds, “If our culture will call a healthy (yet not unrealistically perfect) body ‘repellent,’ then it is something we as a society should have a look at.”
– Photographer Fred Huening records the “magic of motherhood” in this lovely string of photos. [Huffington Post]
– How do you ensure your art exhibition will sell out? Make it a nude event. A gallery in London is hosting a clothing-optional exhibition that “discusses and dissects the apparently unacceptable.” It’s called Forbidden and characteristics over a dozen artists. [artlyst]
BuzzFeed invited some “guy best friends” who have never seen each other naked to go on camera and see one another’s bodies (members, really) for the first time.
Who knows how much of it is real, but the boys are pretty adorable about it. One bff pair compliment each other saying, “You seem pretty good naked, man!” Subsequently they practice helicoptering their members, which you can’t see, but ya know, use your imagination.
Moments in Nudist History
According to this biography, Zelda had rather an interesting life.
In the 60’s she ran an organization to help transgender individuals, was involved in initiating psychic research, and appeared in Playboy as the first full-frontal nude in black and white (Maybe in a characteristic on nudism?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/naturism-life/family-nudists.html figured out what problem / what year). She was also in a few fkk films, including Diary of a Nudist (1961).
We adore the fact that she corrected a contestant on using the term “naturist camp” instead of “fkk colony.”
– Here is a fascinating history of sex education in America. [Collector’s Weekly]
What did we miss? What are russian nudism reading this week? Share in the comments!
This Naked News roundup which includes Look Great Nude Man and Zelda Suplee was released by -Young Naturists and Nudists America
Tags: nude news
Type: Naked News
About the Author (Author Profile)
Writer of Nudist Site. Cofounder of Fkk Portal. 3rd-generation nudie. Avid reader. Feminist. 70% vegan, 30% vegetarian. When https://s3.amazonaws.com/naturism-life/nude-beach-babes.html ‘m not active eating, I am writing about naturism, censorship, topfree equality, body image and other fun topics. I like feedback, so plz leave a comment when you’ve got something to say!